Need An O-1 Visa? Talk To Our Los Angeles Attorney.

If you are a highly accomplished artist or entertainer, you may be able to enter the U.S. to perform or exhibit your work.

Do You Need To Enter The U.S. To Perform Or Exhibit Your Work?

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will determine whether you are highly accomplished pursuant to its "extraordinary ability" standard, and are eligible for the O-1 visa category. Having skilled legal representation can dramatically facilitate the adjudication process.

Attorney Joe Adams has assisted hundreds of entertainers and artists obtain their immigration documents to enter the U.S. for performances and exhibitions.

For artists and entertainers, proving extraordinary ability requires that you submit substantial documentation, including critical reviews of your past performances, receipt of awards for your achievements, proof of a high income, national or international recognition and whether you have performed in a leading role. It might also be important to submit diplomas, academic certificates and scholarships.

Assembling the documents can be extremely difficult and time-consuming. However, it is absolutely essential to provide this detailed documentation to increase the chance that the application will be approved.

  • One benefit of obtaining O-1B visa status is that you are able to obtain O-2 visa status for your assistants and helpers. They are then able to accompany you into the U.S. and help you while you perform your work. They are not allowed to be employed elsewhere.
  • An O-1 visa holder can bring his or her dependents into the U.S. on an O-3 visa. However, dependents in this visa category cannot work or attend school while they are here.
  • In addition to performers and artists, many other extraordinary people in the industry can apply for this visa category.

For example, we have also assisted international fashion models, producers, cinematographers, writers, editors, actors, directors, hair stylists and makeup artists, costumers, glamour and feature makeup artists, special effects artists, composers, set designers, photographers, fine artists, sculptors, painters and illustrators successfully enter the U.S. in O-1 status.

Contact Los Angeles O-1 Visa Lawyer Joe Adams

It is never too early to start to collect the documents you will need for an upcoming engagement. Even if you are not certain about the date of your engagement in the U.S., you should contact our office to discuss your eligibility. We often prepare visa applications in advance so that, when dates are confirmed, we can update the information and file the application immediately.

If you are interested in relocating to the U.S. or are already in the U.S. holding an H-1B specialty occupation visa, or any other visa status, we can assist you in exploring your options. Call us at 800-448-5383 to arrange an appointment or contact us online.